What Else?

Posted by Alex Pendragon

bees and bats are dying
the crops confused and diseased
what season is this anyway
Fall, winter, or spring?
you sometimes have to wonder
if the axis is tilted the same
will the ice once melted
ever freeze again?
a delicate system in balance
is now out of kilter and doomed
millions of years of evolution
turned upside down in a single century
we have such worries
murder, mayhem, and cold cruel insurgencies
jobs going south for the winter
where once the geese would fly
Now China too expensive for Walmart
the Rich are feeling the heat
and planning to train monkeys to do our jobs
I so feel their pain
My government wants to kill me
prove to me it isn't so
my pay going down, my gas going up
how long, how long?
I want to pay him back
I want alone in a room with him
THEN maybe I would take the time
to die with dignity
what else is left us
any of us?

This entry was posted on Monday, March 3, 2008 at Monday, March 03, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 slick comments

Not half bad, Michael.

(Hope is more than a city in Arkansas.)

March 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Can you really die with dignity after revenge? I say, regardless of what your government or WalMart or whoever does, you live your life in peace and then you die with dignity. It's the best we can do. (By the way, good thing you said out of kilter instead of off kilter, 'cause I've got a copy-write on that.)

March 4, 2008 at 6:37 AM

But revenge is a dish best served cold, is it not? As for peaceful departure, no, I shall NOT go quietly into that good night! So there, if I can't rip off YOUR copyright, then I shall damn well rob someone else of theirs!

Oh, and you can lead a lamb to slaughter, but you can't make him blink.........

March 4, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Kewl..
I think that is how the kids are are still spelling it these days.

I was watching Deepak last night, I know I know, anyway he said that we are to BE the change that we wish to see in the world.

I know that he was paraphrasing Buddha and Gandhi but there is definitely something to be said for that prescription.

Anyway Mother Earth has reshuffled the deck BIG TIME and brought in a new dealer (atleast 5 times that we know of) and then let somebody else sit at the table.

When our turn is up it won't be Walmart's fault.

March 7, 2008 at 2:22 PM

very good. wow... very good... more please!

my word verification was: yjyhibfu

i just really like the yjy... should have been why oh why... and the bfu at the end... oh i'm not gonna say it

March 10, 2008 at 4:13 AM

Bạn đang muốn đi du lịch ở Đà Nẵng.Nhưng lại đang lo lắng nơi ở cũng như kinh nghiệm để đi du lịch ở Đà Nẵng. Hãy ghé vào Villadanang để có thể xem qua những kinh nghiệm du lịch và thông tin liên quan mà chúng tôi cung cấp cho bạn nhé. Ngoài ra chúng tôi cũng đang cung cấp dịch vụ cho cho thuê biệt thự ở tại đà nẵng đảm bảo giá cả rẻ hơn các nơi khác. Có thể kể đến như Căn hộ Hyatt, Furama Villas Đà Nẵng,... Nếu có nhu cầu hãy liên lạc với chúng tôi nhé. Đảm bảo chúng tôi sẽ không làm bạn thất vọng. Xem thêm các kiến thức hữu ích như email la gi

January 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM